#1 UK Real Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[update] New League Map

+3
Irish_Nightwish
skj
kouki
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[update] New League Map Empty [update] New League Map Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:33 am

kouki

kouki

Well I'd say season one was quite successful - not really many bugs in the map at all, but I'd like to open the floor to suggestions to improve it for Season 2.

I have already made some small modifications:

• Goal Posts made less bouncy. Old map they were set to bounce it away faster than it hit them.
  • Removed extra corner kick takers - these were a pain for close throws and were rarely used, and ever more rarely successful for corners.
  • Goal Posts lined up more with side netting (slightly wider nets this means Wink )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--------------------------------
UPDATE V2.1

• Spawn distance moved slightly closer to kick off for faster restarts
  • Corner flags made smaller and more bouncy - this is to stop the ball touching them then being propelled around at speed, as it means the ball always goes out for a throw when it's right in the corner.

Please post any further suggestions below

Last edited by kouki on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total

2[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:23 am

skj

skj

Nicely done kouki.

http://rfleague.forumotion.co.uk/

3[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:34 am

kouki

kouki

Everyone that has seen it has had a rage about the changes.

However upon using the changes, most have agreed it is improved. So please, use it before you make a judgement, and remember that we no longer have annoying issues with throw ins near corners being accidentally taken as corners...

4[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:38 am

pls, the straight bars were great on the corners -_-, you cant remove them ;(

5[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:45 am

Irish_Nightwish

Irish_Nightwish

I agree that they should not be there though to be honest, people just have to learn to take corners a lot better. The straight bars was a bit too easy as an option

6[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 am

м¢ѕнєƒƒяєу™

If I remember correctly the kick off tunnels were removed to give more options on kick offs and the horizontal on corner kicks to give more options (which it does do). Isn't this against that idea by taking away options on corner kicks?

As for people using them on throw ins by accident, they're just being stupid enough to go too close to them. If anything needs to be done to the horizontal, I think it needs to be angled slightly more away from the goal post which creates more options for a more realistic corner kick.

7[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:40 am

somalian 2

Fatality FC Captain
Fatality FC Captain

fouls? offsides? penalty kicks? Wink

8[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:26 am

Irish_Nightwish

Irish_Nightwish

somalian 2 wrote:fouls? offsides? penalty kicks? Wink
That new offside lines are really frustrating in my opinion and will just cause mass outcry from players claiming offsides left,right and even centre.
I am curious how you can identity a foul on a player who lacks legs to hack off Razz

9[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:06 am

skj

skj

When an offside is committed, then what do we do? We can't get a ref to magically make the ball still where it was and take a free kick from it.

Same with Penalties etc, they can't be done.

http://rfleague.forumotion.co.uk/

10[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:34 am

kouki

kouki

Some good points above.

Offsides:
-These can only show the last man which will be the GK - that's no good cos it's not the GK that we need the line on.
Fouls:
What sorta fouls could there be lol? XD Other than pushing?

Corner Kick takers:
-It's still possible to kick the ball straight across if you know how to hit it right. In my opinion the straight across ones were useless. Not only did they make a corner easier to fire in a specific direction, but they caused other problems too such as accidental goals.
When they were used for corners (which was rarely) they were incredibly easy to defend.

UPDATE V2.1

• Corner flags made smaller and more bouncy - this is to stop the ball touching them then being propelled around at speed, as it means the ball always goes out for a throw when it's right in the corner.

11[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am

Irish_Nightwish

Irish_Nightwish

kouki wrote:Some good points above.

Offsides:
-These can only show the last man which will be the GK - that's no good cos it's not the GK that we need the line on.
Fouls:
What sorta fouls could there be lol? XD Other than pushing?

Corner Kick takers:
-It's still possible to kick the ball straight across if you know how to hit it right. In my opinion the straight across ones were useless. Not only did they make a corner easier to fire in a specific direction, but they caused other problems too such as accidental goals.
When they were used for corners (which was rarely) they were incredibly easy to defend.

UPDATE V2.1

Agreed with all that is said in the above

12[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:40 am

how do i get training map?x

13[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:32 pm

Tomis

Tomis

Witsel wrote:how do i get training map?x
ikr

14[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:22 am

Why don't you have marks for where you can throw if the ball goes past that mark? This could reduce the amount of times play is stopped and will make the game run smoother.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The black circles show where the markers would be placed.

15[update] New League Map Empty Re: [update] New League Map Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:37 am

Get Bent

Not many goals are being scored from corners as well, maybe it would improve the game if we made it easier to score from them

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum