#1 UK Real Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Division 2 ?

+8
Ruud Boffin
Polish sideman
Treninho
Kačaniklić
emile fai
Lewandowski (KARL)
somalian 2
lol gaston
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Division 2 ? Empty A Division 2 ? Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:45 pm

lol gaston

lol gaston

It would be nice to have another Division a second Division making it more realistic and it would make the league more active (not saying it isn't) and thats why some people without teams sign up for free agency and just go inactive.

2A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 pm

somalian 2

Fatality FC Captain
Fatality FC Captain

YES!! 6 teams in each division, 2 get relegated this season?

3A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:19 pm

Lewandowski (KARL)

Ragnorak
Ragnorak

imho scrap the cup for the next ssn, if we played 2 games a week, with 6 teams in 2 divisions the season would last 5 weeks, thus giving a 'transitional' season, in which more players could be persuaded to join, and then the season after could be bigger and include a cup Smile

Just my opinion tho ;D

4A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:21 pm

emile fai

Admin & Harlem Bike Thieves

Most likely we will not be making a second Division, the natural progression would be to expand to 10 teams and then split off into 2 Divisions if that is the best choice at that time, although the admins haven't officially discussed this so nothing is totally ruled out yet.

5A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:32 am

Kačaniklić

Kačaniklić

We would need about 300 signed up players for a second division to be viable. A 10 team division would be a better idea with 2 league matches a week and a 3rd weekday with cup games on it. Or you have one week with a midweek league game and then the next week you have a midweek cup game.

6A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:43 am

Treninho

Treninho

Kačaniklić wrote:We would need about 300 signed up players for a second division to be viable. A 10 team division would be a better idea with 2 league matches a week and a 3rd weekday with cup games on it. Or you have one week with a midweek league game and then the next week you have a midweek cup game.

i agree with you kacan 10 teams,

ps i wanna get capt Smile

7A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:47 am

We'll be having a meeting shortly about which path RFL will take next season.

Personally however, I think the 10 teams will be the best plan of action.

8A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 am

Polish sideman

Polish sideman

tbh its not a bad idea but i think if season 3 had 10 teams in division 1 and then in season 4 6 caps of divion 2 announced and the bottom 2 of division 1 get relagated

9A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:03 am

lol gaston

lol gaston

Thank you for reading this and thank you for supporting this. Smile

10A Division 2 ? Empty awsome!! :D Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Ruud Boffin

Ruud Boffin

Cool i will be looking for a team then Very Happy

11A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:10 pm

This is a Good idea tbh.

12A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Rénbeaudach

Administrator & Harlem Bike Thieves Captain
Administrator & Harlem Bike Thieves Captain

Milik Cazorla wrote:tbh its not a bad idea but i think if season 3 had 10 teams in division 1 and then in season 4 6 caps of divion 2 announced and the bottom 2 of division 1 get relagated

This is very likely what will happen, jumping straight to two divisions from an eight-team season would be a bit jarring, but, rest assured, this isn't something being overlooked.

13A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:22 pm

My personal opinion is that we SHOULD have two divisions next season.

2 divisions of 5 teams and seeing as we already play 10 games, why not increase it to 12?

You play each other 3 times (think the SPL already do this but more complicated) which would result in 12 matches for each team. The bottom 2 in the 1st Division get relegated and the top 2 in the 2nd Division get promoted.

Game dates:
I think we should revert back to the first season, Tuesday, Saturday, but because we play each other 3 times, maybe, Tuesday, Saturday, Friday. I know Tuesday and Friday clash with HaxLeague etc. but if you put times after 8.00 then it should be fine, maybe even playing 2 games or more at the same time it will be 10x easier. This might be hard for Dev to stream but you can put a poll up on the forum and the members of the forum can vote for the game you want him to stream.

Personally, I think this will give the league a more competitive feel and will allow more players to take part in the league, which in turn will help it grow. Just my opinions anywayyyy :>

14A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:38 am

Kačaniklić

Kačaniklić

The only problem with a 5 team division is you'll have some days when 1 team don't get to play + having less than 6 teams means that if one team drift a few points above/below the rest, their season becomes very difficult, so you need the extra teams to keep it competitive.

15A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:53 am

True, never thought about that.

16A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:12 am

Sucks French bite

Soup-A-Stars Captain
Soup-A-Stars Captain

i think this is a good idea you should do no teams get relegated this season. But next season 2 teams get go up from division 2 and 2 teams from division 1 get relegated. At least people get a chance for a team.

17A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:13 am

Kačaniklić

Kačaniklić

That means we have to introduce a minimum of 6 teams next season and there's just not the demand for it. If a new division is created, teams will have to be relegated imo.

18A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:32 am

cuc oein

Harlem Bike Thieves
Harlem Bike Thieves

you can barely run 1 division, pls dont try a second

19A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:38 am

somalian 2

Fatality FC Captain
Fatality FC Captain

2 season ye.

20A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:34 pm

emile fai

You can't relegate a team without telling everyone that relegation is happening before the Season regardless.

21A Division 2 ? Empty Re: A Division 2 ? Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Get Bent

Would we even have enough players for a second division? Apart from Tren I haven't heard anyone else say they want to be a captain and we need dedicated teams who are going to turn up, otherwise the league is messed up. Just expand it to 10 teams is the best thing to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum