#1 UK Real Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms...

+10
lol gaston
Tomis
Kačaniklić
Kosc
skj
Asn
Get Bent
Irish_Nightwish
vaqq
emile fai
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:20 am

emile fai

Admin & Harlem Bike Thieves

This is something that I have noticed happening recently, people banning people not from the rfl community from rfl rooms hosted by community members, and all in all this is just wrong. How do you expect the community to grow if everyone who tries to play rfl gets banned from the rooms? The answer is that it won't grow at all, and eventually when people leave it will start to shrink.

The community is not at a size where you can make the league 'private' or whatever so we must encourage new people to sign up to the site, not by just advertising but when we start to see the same faces join rfl rooms we should try and integrate them, even just signing them there and then.

Sure, you can make rfl rooms that you only want your friends to play in, but if you are going to host a room - Don't ban people that aren't from the league. Please.

vaqq

The post is mainly directed at the following person/people:
Somalian 2.

Irish_Nightwish

Irish_Nightwish

Agreed, we want to advertise and promote the league, not make out to be a closed-doors private club for elitists.

I can see where you're coming from with this. I think some people should host rooms that are specifically for gaining new members. I would do this myself, but my internet is too poor for hosting.

Get Bent

I've been hosting rf rooms for months and trust me, not letting your friends join because some turkish person who can't play to save their lives, doesn't obey the rules and just sits there in silence the whole time isn't a good idea

Being honest, I've started doing this recently, it annoys me so much when you have people who

1) Can't speak English.
2) Don't obey the rules.
3) Just stand there, afk.
4) Don't speak, once.
5) Speak their language, in a UK room, with a majority of UK citizens in it.

I'd rather play with people I know, get along with, can chat with and play seriously, but have fun at the same time.

7Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:10 am

Asn

Calloway wrote:Being honest, I've started doing this recently, it annoys me so much when you have people who

1) Can't speak English.
2) Don't obey the rules.
3) Just stand there, afk.
4) Don't speak, once.
5) Speak their language, in a UK room, with a majority of UK citizens in it.

I'd rather play with people I know, get along with, can chat with and play seriously, but have fun at the same time.

So I can't talk dutch when my friends are there? ...

8Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:49 am

To be honest, I don't like people speaking a different language than English in a UK/English room, we can't understand what you're talking about, and it's an English room for English people. If you want to speak French, Dutch, any other language, go to your respective rooms please.

skj

skj

Damn, me and Santi will just have to find a Swedish room then :<

http://rfleague.forumotion.co.uk/

10Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:18 am

Kosc

Swag FC
Swag FC

In my opinion, anyone (UK or not) who doesn't obey rules should get kicked but I think the point mlf is trying to make is when hosts ban people without even giving them a chance to play. Because, right now, the moment someone joins a room who is not in RFL gets banned immediately which is only going to have a detrimental effect on the league and its ability to grow.

11Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:47 am

Kačaniklić

Kačaniklić

Pretty sure it's just racist to ban people from your room for speaking a different language. You don't go around the tube in London kicking people in balls for not speaking English (unless you're a psychopath) so you shouldn't do it on Haxball. Just ask them to stop if you don't want them to do it, but don't ban them.
Kaca

12Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:25 am

Get Bent

It's not racist, it's just common sense. Most of us play haxball as much to talk to people from the league as for the game, so why should we deny our friends the right to play and have fun just because some foreign people who don't speak a word of english can't be bothered to host their own rooms?

13Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:37 am

Kačaniklić

Kačaniklić

I find most people don't do a lot of talking in the rooms because you're normally playing and don't want to lose the game because you're speaking rather than concentrating. And if you want to speak to someone, you can do it on the forum, trust me when people start to leave the forum and we've aggravated loads of people by banning them, it's less likely they'll want to join. Racism was a bit far now that I think about it, but it's still wrong to ban them if they have a good ping. If there lagging people out then fine, but otherwise its best to try and avoid it.

14Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:48 am

Get Bent

Come to think of it banning people who aren't rfl could be damaging to the league, so maybe the best solution is to hide 'rfl only' rooms from the public room list and only put the link on the forum, so randomers don't come to dislike the rfl

15Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 am

Kačaniklić

Kačaniklić

Great idea Bant!

16Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:44 am

Tomis

Tomis

Bant wrote:Come to think of it banning people who aren't rfl could be damaging to the league, so maybe the best solution is to hide 'rfl only' rooms from the public room list and only put the link on the forum, so randomers don't come to dislike the rfl
agreed

17Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty I don't thou Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:57 am

lol gaston

lol gaston

I wouldn't do it inless they are not playing by the rules Smile

18Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:13 am

KOSOVO IS SERBIA

somalian2 you disgrace

19Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:41 am

most foriegners soma 2 bans has like 160+ ping
nd u give up repeatin the rules in the same room after a while so u do end up bannin them not hosts fault at all they should follow rules
i gt ur blakoff soma 2 I love you

20Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:23 am

vaqq

Yer but som bans me just cause he says im shit.

21Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:12 am

Toko

Toko

Why not just make them passworded?

22Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:36 pm

emile fai

Toko wrote:Why not just make them passworded?

It'll be hard to get everyone used to a password that everyone knows, it's fine as it is to be honest. And making the rooms passworded doesn't really help the whole 'expanding rfl' side either...

23Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:41 am

Armero

Well I just got banned without -

a) Anyone asking whether I was RFL or not?
b) Anyone seeing me play?

As a league newcomer, how is anyone going to try and prove themselves to be in a team if tossers just ban you the whole time.

Absolutely ridiculous.

24Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Empty Re: Banning 'randomers' from rfl rooms... Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:26 am

Cockney Shithead

Cockney Shithead

Soma banned me when I was under a different name, as I'd seen another Beninho during the day so yeah. Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]