You are not connected. Please login or register

The cup final

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 The cup final on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:56 pm

Proper decision please. A precedent has been set where any lag goals are chalked off retrospectively by the admins, so why is this incident any different? Joe clearly lagged, you're an idiot if you think otherwise, make a proper decision rather than a cop out saying because whoever the fuck we played (Pelicans?) didn't give fair play then that's the decision. That's not the precedent that's been set and is a completely inconsistent way to admin the league.

View user profile

2 Re: The cup final on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:27 pm

somalian 2


Fatality FC Captain
Fatality FC Captain
admins need to fix up uno

View user profile

3 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:39 am

Guest


Guest
rite mayt im givin my opinion on dis

I have to admit, yes, it looked like lag but there was no change in ping and no one else lagged, if it was so called "flash lag" then that is not Pelicans' or the ref's fault, and there is physically no way you can prove that, that was the case.

4 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:48 am

Calloway wrote:rite mayt im givin my opinion on dis

I have to admit, yes, it looked like lag but there was no change in ping and no one else lagged, if it was so called "flash lag" then that is not Pelicans' or the ref's fault, and there is physically no way you can prove that, that was the case.
The fact that your Dutch bloke had to go wasn't TH's fault, but we still didn't play 5v4 because we're fair.
And l0l at "so called "flash lag"", implying that it doesn't exist. You're a fucking idiot.



Last edited by opc on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

5 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:49 am

somalian 2


Fatality FC Captain
Fatality FC Captain
shud have played 5 v 4 tbh bun the cheaters

View user profile

6 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:44 am

opc wrote:
Calloway wrote:rite mayt im givin my opinion on dis

I have to admit, yes, it looked like lag but there was no change in ping and no one else lagged, if it was so called "flash lag" then that is not Pelicans' or the ref's fault, and there is physically no way you can prove that, that was the case.
The fact that your Dutch bloke had to go wasn't TH's fault, but we still didn't play 5v4 because we're fair.
And l0l at "so called "flash lag"", implying that it doesn't exist. You're a fucking idiot.

dooms had like 500 ping all game anyway and left for like 10mins lol, and opc it's a she not a bloke smh


_________________
meow
View user profile http://rfleague.forumotion.co.uk/

7 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:45 am

opc wrote:
Calloway wrote:rite mayt im givin my opinion on dis

I have to admit, yes, it looked like lag but there was no change in ping and no one else lagged, if it was so called "flash lag" then that is not Pelicans' or the ref's fault, and there is physically no way you can prove that, that was the case.
The fact that your Dutch bloke had to go wasn't TH's fault, but we still didn't play 5v4 because we're fair.
And l0l at "so called "flash lag"", implying that it doesn't exist. You're a fucking idiot.


_________________
View user profile

8 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:33 am

Kony


Harlem Bike Thieves
Harlem Bike Thieves
RFL admins r like childrens hcafc's and mlf would have tbh

View user profile

9 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:41 am

cuc oein


Harlem Bike Thieves
Harlem Bike Thieves
go play real haxball noobs

View user profile

10 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 am

Guest


Guest
Right.

Before I say anything, this is just my personal opinion. I know that makes people butthurt but oh well.

As far as I see it, there is no reason why members of TH should still be going on about this as the team has now disbanded and have no involvement in the league. Now, there's no evidence to suggest that Joehan did lag. It's an important decision to make and with no evidence to back up the claims, there's really no way we can make that important decision to go towards TH. It may be a cup final, but this is just a flash game on the internet. I've never seen a case of this "flash lag" either and it's the first time I've ever heard of that term being used on Haxball. Neg rep me if it makes you feel better, but the goal should stand.

11 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:24 am

Beninho wrote:
opc wrote:
Calloway wrote:rite mayt im givin my opinion on dis

I have to admit, yes, it looked like lag but there was no change in ping and no one else lagged, if it was so called "flash lag" then that is not Pelicans' or the ref's fault, and there is physically no way you can prove that, that was the case.
The fact that your Dutch bloke had to go wasn't TH's fault, but we still didn't play 5v4 because we're fair.
And l0l at "so called "flash lag"", implying that it doesn't exist. You're a fucking idiot.
Nah, there is. When you spend an hour of your life doing something, in this case the something being haxball, you don't expect it to have been made pointless by people being fucking idiots. If we lost fairly, fine, but we didn't, and that grates man.

View user profile

12 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:30 am

Skjöld wrote:it's a she not a bloke smh

since when is logi a she -_-

View user profile

13 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:06 am

Asn wrote:
Skjöld wrote:it's a she not a bloke smh

since when is logi a she -_-

since logi told me -_-


_________________
meow
View user profile http://rfleague.forumotion.co.uk/

14 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:09 am

somalian 2


Fatality FC Captain
Fatality FC Captain
bare cheaters in dis leeg like pelicans and swag fc

View user profile

15 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:17 am

somalian 2 wrote:bare cheaters in dis leeg like pelicans and swag fc

Not really cheating if we didn't allow fp which most of the teams believe joe didn't lag lol...


_________________
meow
View user profile http://rfleague.forumotion.co.uk/

16 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:21 am

Skjöld wrote:
somalian 2 wrote:bare cheaters in dis leeg like pelicans and swag fc

Not really cheating if we didn't allow fp which most of the teams believe joe didn't lag lol...
Most of the teams are fucking idiots. I genuinely don't understand how you people can't see that he lagged.

And for those demics that don't know what flash lag is, it's when your computer is running low on available RAM so processes such as flash start struggling, in some instances stopping completely for a period of time, be it short or long. This is what happened to Joe. There shouldn't need to be proof here because Joe wouldn't just randomly fly forwards for no apparent reason in front of goal, he's not an idiot, he can play haxball. Fucking hell.



Last edited by opc on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

17 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:33 am

morale of the story; buy a better pc x


_________________
meow
View user profile http://rfleague.forumotion.co.uk/

18 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Rénbeaudach


Administrator & Harlem Bike Thieves Captain
Administrator & Harlem Bike Thieves Captain
DEVINURDOG wrote:Right.

Before I say anything, this is just my personal opinion. I know that makes people butthurt but oh well.

As far as I see it, there is no reason why members of TH should still be going on about this as the team has now disbanded and have no involvement in the league. Now, there's no evidence to suggest that Joehan did lag. It's an important decision to make and with no evidence to back up the claims, there's really no way we can make that important decision to go towards TH. It may be a cup final, but this is just a flash game on the internet. I've never seen a case of this "flash lag" either and it's the first time I've ever heard of that term being used on Haxball. Neg rep me if it makes you feel better, but the goal should stand.

Probably Dev's best troll yet, I could see why people would be mad; 7/10

View user profile

19 Re: The cup final on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:40 pm

DEVINURDOG wrote:Right.

Before I say anything, this is just my personal opinion. I know that makes people butthurt but oh well.

As far as I see it, there is no reason why members of TH should still be going on about this as the team has now disbanded and have no involvement in the league. Now, there's no evidence to suggest that Joehan did lag. It's an important decision to make and with no evidence to back up the claims, there's really no way we can make that important decision to go towards TH. It may be a cup final, but this is just a flash game on the internet. I've never seen a case of this "flash lag" either and it's the first time I've ever heard of that term being used on Haxball. Neg rep me if it makes you feel better, but the goal should stand.
Listen Nathan, your personal opinion is fucking stupid. The team is disbanded, yes, but as we've all spent a lot of time on TH it'd be nice if we didn't disband on a game that ended in such bull shit circumstances.
Also, you having never heard of flash lag is more a sad reflection of your intelligence, rather than proof that it doesn't exist.

mlf, where you at with that recording?

View user profile

20 Re: The cup final on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:00 am

emile fai


Admin & Harlem Bike Thieves
Admin & Harlem Bike Thieves
Will be done in the morning captain.

lol'd at admins shying away from decision once again.


_________________
UK Nations Cup Comp!









mlf and ren a* chem snm

CYA SAMUEL

View user profile

21 Re: The cup final on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:07 am

somalian 2


Fatality FC Captain
Fatality FC Captain
leave it man the these admins suck anyway

View user profile

22 Re: The cup final on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:14 am

Pretty sure we made a decision. Just because its not the decision you wanted, doesn't mean you can continue to complain until we eventually get sick and tired of your complaining and give in to what you want.
inb4hatefromvarioussources


_________________
Season 1: Super Fulham (C) P: 8 W: 2 D: 2 L: 4 PTS: 8 POS: 5th
Season 2: DreamCatchers (VC) P: 11 W: 8 D: 0 L: 3 PTS: 24 POS: 3rd
Season 3: DreamCatchers (VC) P: 3 W: 2 D: 1 L: 0 PTS 7 POS: 4th
Season 4: Hyper Fulham (C) P: 5 W: 4 D: 1 L: 0 PTS: 13 POS: 2nd
Goals Scored: 6 Goals Assisted: 10
Always loyal, always friendly, always sarcastic.
Sascha Riether is a god, Berbatov's not bad either. FULHAM4LIFE







View user profile

23 Re: The cup final on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:10 pm

Rénbeaudach


Administrator & Harlem Bike Thieves Captain
Administrator & Harlem Bike Thieves Captain
Advice to admins though, when you say you're making a ruling on this or any matter, it helps to post it as a separate thread or an announcement, so you know, people will treat it as an actual decisions rather than you just thinking aloud/mulling it over/trolling.

If you ask for my personal opinion though, if it is indeed your final solution (lol) to decide not to replay the game, then it makes a complete mockery of the competition we're meant to be playing in. The RFL Cup, League, or indeed any competition in Haxball can only ever derive its legitimacy from the way they are organised and handled; i.e. all teams have to be treated fairly and consistently, and there cannot be seen to he any bias towards or against any of the teams from the admins to make winning the competition mean anything. As soon as the cup becomes anything more than the ability for one team to demonstrate their technical and tactical superiority over another then the tournament as a haxball competition begins to become meaningless.

I think it is obvious for any to see that the waters have been muddied sufficiently in the cup final for it not to have been just a show of who was better at haxball. If you're still not sure about that then ready my other breezeblock of teext in the Match Reports thread Wink. In short, the cup should be a competition purely about haxball, and when things like poor refereeing and unwillingness to play sportingly in a game with only pride at stake it rather loses its credibility :s.

One other thing I ought to mention, you talk about people complaining and crying as if us continuing to bang on about the subject makes our grievances any less legitimate, but I and I think the rest of my former TH teammates get the impression you haven't really considered the matter properly. I know it might make you feel good inside about getting one over on TH, and the public may even share that feeling, but there's really no need to go all Iron Lady on this and refuse to make any turn on the matter.
You still have time to correct this aberration, and I hope that we'll be able to get to the right place in the end.

View user profile

24 Re: The cup final on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:10 pm

emile fai


Admin & Harlem Bike Thieves
Admin & Harlem Bike Thieves
Leaving the decision to Pelicans to fp is silly if that is your final decision (or at least I think it is, at least make a proper post about it instead of just locking a thread) because they seemed to think that they were at the disadvantage. The fact that they where so adamant that they wanted penalties lends itself to believe that they didn't think that they could beat us in normal time. And due to this any goal they could have got they would take (despite if it was fair or not) and run with. Their lack of wanting to replay the match fairly confirms this suspicion. I think this just highlights how we have been the victims of an injustice.

I could go on but I'd just be repeating what has been said before.

We won't rest until a proper discussion in the admin forum happens and an announcement is made.


_________________
UK Nations Cup Comp!









mlf and ren a* chem snm

CYA SAMUEL

View user profile

25 Re: The cup final on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:33 pm

mlfaijati wrote:Leaving the decision to Pelicans to fp is silly if that is your final decision (or at least I think it is, at least make a proper post about it instead of just locking a thread) because they seemed to think that they were at the disadvantage. The fact that they where so adamant that they wanted penalties lends itself to believe that they didn't think that they could beat us in normal time. And due to this any goal they could have got they would take (despite if it was fair or not) and run with. Their lack of wanting to replay the match fairly confirms this suspicion. I think this just highlights how we have been the victims of an injustice.

I could go on but I'd just be repeating what has been said before.

We won't rest until a proper discussion in the admin forum happens and an announcement is made.

tl:dr, yeah remember? Funny how you just ignored when Fatality FC were the victims of an injustice in the game vs TBA and now, because it happened to you, all of a sudden you start to care.

To be honest, the game should have went to penalites right after the extra time ended, one hour game is absurd.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum