#1 UK Real Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

da cup final

+9
opc
Kony
PTJohe
cuc oein
skj
Cockney Shithead
Emo Twat
somalian 2
Mr Shithead
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1da cup final Empty da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:01 am

Mr Shithead

Mr Shithead
Administrator & Swag FC Captain

pel2-1th
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
oneminutefiftyseve:logitech
fourminutesthirtyeight: beninho og opc assist
then fifty fucking minutes of pure nothing
62:38 skjold goal

on reflection joe clearly lags for the last goal but pelicans don't give fp Ren\'s Famous Last w

NOTE: no lag was shown on the replay, just joehan cocked up :joe:

Last edited by Shaps on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

2da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:46 am

somalian 2

Fatality FC Captain
Fatality FC Captain

pelicans priks for not giving fp

3da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Emo Twat

Emo Twat

^

4da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Cockney Shithead

Cockney Shithead

Shaps wrote:pel2-1th
62:38 beninho goal

on reflection joe clearly lags for the last goal but pelicans don't give fp Ren\'s Famous Last w

So did he lag or not? Our team didn't think joehan lagged so we didn't give fp. Simple.

5da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Cockney Shithead

Cockney Shithead

Also the last goal was scored by skjold not me.

6da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:45 pm

skj

skj

somalian 2 wrote:pelicans priks for not giving fp

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://rfleague.forumotion.co.uk/

7da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:01 pm

somalian 2

Fatality FC Captain
Fatality FC Captain

cheats smh

8da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Cockney Shithead

Cockney Shithead

somalian 2 wrote:cheats smh
You probably haven't even watched the replay or made an attempt to form your own opinion so you're better off not posting here until you do.

9da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Beninho wrote:

So did he lag or not? Our team didn't think joehan lagged so we didn't give fp. Simple.

The NOTE was from me and kaca since we had a look at the replay and agreed there was no lag from Joehan. Our best guess is that Joehan left it for mlf and he was either typing or not paying attention, causing that goal to happen.

10da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:21 pm

somalian 2

Fatality FC Captain
Fatality FC Captain

noobs sh me > all of yous

11da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Cockney Shithead

Cockney Shithead

DEVINURDOG wrote:
Beninho wrote:

The NOTE was from me and kaca since we had a look at the replay and agreed there was no lag from Joehan. Our best guess is that Joehan left it for mlf and he was either typing or not paying attention, causing that goal to happen.
Oh ok, I personally think he might have been trying to block me off for mlf to clear but it went wrong.

12da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:52 pm

somalian 2

Fatality FC Captain
Fatality FC Captain

pelicans suk

13da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:55 pm

somalian 2

Fatality FC Captain
Fatality FC Captain

lol it wasn't even R throw that shit ref and in the future ref should make final decisions on FP or not since ref is in charge of the match. if ref says FP it shud be given. Bias ref too bruv shaps gave them R throws when it was B and if they scored from it skjold will go pelicans owned lool

14da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:54 am

cuc oein

Harlem Bike Thieves
Harlem Bike Thieves

joehan recently bought a new laptop which gives him spikes every minute

for someone to say what was happening to him there was him 'not paying attention' or 'leaving the ball for mlf' then lol, look at the way he gets taken away from the ball

if pelicans can take a cup final win like that, then this league really is a mess

15da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:05 am

PTJohe

PTJohe

Funny how the match ended 4v4 Laughing 

16da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:23 am

Kony

Harlem Bike Thieves
Harlem Bike Thieves

It's a flash lag smh

17da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:57 am

opc

Mlf has a recording from teamspeak. I'm sure he could find a point in that in which Joe shots LAG OMG LAG or something along those lines. Not that it'll make a blind bit of difference, like.

18da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:38 am

emile fai

Admin & Harlem Bike Thieves

word

19da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Rénbeaudach

Administrator & Harlem Bike Thieves Captain
Administrator & Harlem Bike Thieves Captain

(Seeing as mlf seemingly can't be arsed)

Speaking as someone was unable to play this match I notice a few things that are a bit suspect towards the end of the game.

62:00 and onwards

mlf kicks the ball onto Skjöld who then kicks the ball out hismelf into touch over the TH byline.
both mlf and Skjöld crwod round the ball, both seemingly adamant the decision should go their way. No big deal there, it's not strictly speaking the players' duty to try to judge for themselves every single decision.

However it clearly should be the referee's.

About 7 or 8 seconds pass before Shaps finally gives the call the incorrect way. I say incorrect as one only has to watch the haxballtube replay (although the may only have the patience to go through it once, waiting for hbt to process over 200 thousand frames is tedious as fuck), and watch both the direction of the velocity of the ball and the timing of the kicks to judge the way the call should have been given.
Now sometimes I can forgive a referee for making an incorrect call if it was difficult to judge who had last contact on the ball, and they were genuinely keeping their eye on the events, yet what I saw suggested that the ref wasn't on this occasion. Looking at the events myself it certainly didn't take me 8 seconds to make a call, and neither should it any other human being. I would suggest that Shaps clearly could have had his eye on the ball, and merely after seeing both players hankering for their decision after the event guessed which way it should have gone. If he was watching he'd have not wasted so much time.
Taking the 'importance' of the match into account, I don't think we should be allowing referees be so careless in making these calls.

But I'm not finished yet, oooh no boys and girls, my sour grapes quest for justice hasn't quite spared you from the totality of my autism just yet.

Going onward to about 62:30 now, and the corner is taken, with the clearance kicked by Breeezy ricocheting off Skjöld and out into touch in the TH half, yet again Shaps makes the call in favour of Pelicans.
Has he forgotten temporarily which team Skjöld had been playing for? At least I can't fault him for dithering so much, the call came out almost straight away... yet that still does not excuse him from being wrong. What doesn't surprise me is the nature of the incorrect call.
I have seen it time and time again from numerous referees of different nationalities against a whole range of opponents, both for and against my beloved team, where the ball is usally travelling at speed when one player kicks the ball into a member of the opposing team, with a change of direction occurring less than ten or so frames apart. I see so many refs give the call, incorrectly, agains the team of the player who makes the initial kick in this case, and not paying attention to the direction the ball is travelling in. It's horiffic quite frankly, and only leads to vexed teenagers wasting half an hour of their time to wax lyrical on the forums about bad referreeing, which I know I could well do without!
I suppose I shoudl take the time here to make Dev's referre training a bit more stringent when it coes to these scenarios, because it is endemic across the game and I think can easily be corrected.

So, to recap, we've covered TWO consecutive incorrect decisions so far, but nevertheless, we proceed.

The ball falls to joehan at about 62:39 on your tape, and then rather jarringly and unnaturally lurches away from the ball despite no immediate pressure being put upon him. Even from a layman's perspective it's quite clear to tell that my dear friend joehan suffered a spike in his ping, causing him to drag in such an odd way. Beninho then followed up by putting the pressure on mlfaijati as hi raced back into position, whom himeslf was unable to prevent the old antihero Skjöld for firing in the rebound. I should say here that this is not meant to at all be a diatribe against any fo the Pelicans players, I can forgive Ben and Skj for acting in the heat of the moment and taking the the goal.
However this league has set a very clear precedent when it comes to retroactive action in matches when goals have been scored only by the clear intervention of a sudden increase in ping in one or more players. It would be unconscionably not to follow this precedent and chalk this goal off surely, despite there not being a visible increase in the 40-frame average for joehans ping, it is clear and due to the nature of his movements that he had suppered a short spike in ping causing him to lag, which would not be appreciably accounted for in hsi first ping number.

For that reason and for everything that has proceeded this paragraph, I would like to make an official protest as regard the result of this match, and request that my team be allowed to replay this game at a future date. I trust my dear admins take this matter seriously, and implore upon their good senses of fairness to consider my case throughly.

From Praha with love, ~Rén

20da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:36 pm

emile fai

Now I get to make fun of you @ Ren 🐰.

But well said from Ren, he basically just said what I wanted to say in a much more eloquent way.

Due to this I would like to offer Pelicans an offical rematch to find out who should be the winner of the RFL Super Cup.

Not soon though of course, I'd like us to be able to cool off from this incident, clear our heads and then move on and have a proper match. Indeed, it would make sense to have the final with a full 10 players on the pitch competing in 5v5 to decide who is the better. I do take blame for us forcing the game to 4v4 during the middle of the match, not like I can control dooms' ping (he did tell me prior that he would start lagging at 9pm) and due to old Ren here being on holiday he couldn't play either which pretty much stretches my squad as only a select few are deemed worthy (and can be bribed enough to join) to play for TH, guess I take the blame for that as well. Altough saying that we did have 5 players but then Logitech had to go (which is fair enough, it was like almost 11pm dutch time) and made us have to play 4v4 also.

I'd like to apologies from my (and my team's I guess, I always have to clean up after them Sad) actions during and after the game. However I think that it is understandable and in all honesty I could have done much worse, I didn't bring this argument much onto the forum which I easily could have done and caused disruption onto here. I think I only reacted badly just because my team and I has had stupid decisions and calls given against them by Shaps in the past (if someone brings up that I was the one to get him to ref then they should shut the fuck up, Skjold or Beninho or w/e made no attempt seemingly to get a ref for themselves and for a fucking cup final Shaps was the only one I messaged that was free) and that contributed to our bad response to him, and indeed Joe saying that he was being biased before, well before he fucked us over in all honesty. And Pelicans as well tbh, despite how you weren't at fault for the decisions and you just defended your side and can't really be blamed for that.

So my propsal in more detail is below.

1) Full rematch of the game, in the 5v5 format throughout.

2) In 1 or 2 weeks, or when Ren comes back so we actually have more than 5 players to pick from.

3) Allowing Joehan to play, despite how he deleted his account.

4) Without Shaps as ref, for obvious Reasons.

Should Pelicans accept my proposal I would like to offer TBA an opportunity to face us in the Semi Final, as getting a defwin was a bit of a shame as I was looking forward to that match up. I think this just highlights how badly the RFL Super Cup has been organised, even down to the arguments over Golden Goal/Penalties and how indecisive the ref was in their decision to pick either (indecisive also in the post match argument about the ''winning goal''...) I think it is a shame because we haven't really seen what 5v5 has to offer properly, at times in the final my team and I agreed that this was the superior format (and then opc said offsides and we told him to shut the fuck up.)

I think that is all,

Soon to be from Rome with Love, emile fai.

21da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:02 pm

Mr Shithead

Mr Shithead

Both tl;dr messages are appreciated and noted.

Reffing for over an hour there will be some mistakes, yes I will not get all the decisions right but I'll get most of them. I felt I was leanient to Total Hax firstly as I was forced not to do Penalties after extra time. Yes there wasn't any rules for this as no admins focused on the cup this season, but penaulties were used previously I thought it would of been the standard...

Solely my fault for awarding two two wrong decisions (100 ping with the corner being marginal allow). How we operate fair play in this league is post match we review the incident and the admins vote on the outcome. Kacaniklic and Devinurdog both agreed the goal should stand as it appeared Joe left it to mlf to clear as he also had no ping spikes.

22da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Cockney Shithead

Cockney Shithead

So I have taken the time to read Ren and mlf's feelings regarding the game, and most of it seems fair enough. I disagree with mlf about the referee situation as I expected an official to have been chosen at least a few hours prior to the game by the admins as they organise the tournament. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my take on it, so your bad response shouldn't really be down to your own choice of referee.

As for a replay, well I'm a bit on the fence. Logitech recently went on holiday and Skjold is also going away for a couple of weeks, so I can't help but think that a replay is stacked in your favour. Aaron threatened to leave the game if I fp'ed so really it was a lose-lose predicament for myself. I honestly wasn't sure whether it was lag or not, and so did other members of the community. I think I'll leave to the admin team to decide the fate of the cup final. They can be trusted to make a respectable decision I hope.

23da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:25 am

opc

Of course it's fucking lag. I'm sick to death of people being too scared to actually make an important decision here. If it was Witsel or someone equally shit then it might have been an attempt at leaving it for mlf, but Joe actually knows how to play haxball. Fucking hell, you're all fucking idiots.

24da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 am

cuc oein

Harlem Bike Thieves
Harlem Bike Thieves

opc wrote:i once juked witsel, and i never juke anyone

opc is right tbh, and the fact ben/pelicans are even allowing the decision to be down to the admins means they know that joe lagged otherwise they wouldnt even let it be up for discussion

replay pls

25da cup final Empty Re: da cup final Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:58 am

Cockney Shithead

Cockney Shithead

Jai wrote:
opc wrote:i once juked witsel, and i never juke anyone

opc is right tbh, and the fact ben/pelicans are even allowing the decision to be down to the admins means they know that joe lagged otherwise they wouldnt even let it be up for discussion

replay pls
I have confidence the admins know what they're doing. Also mlf isn't going to let this go, and understandably so if he feels hard done by. So that's more of a reason why I'm willing to let the admins have their say.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum